Need a story on a particular topic? Just search for it!


Saturday, May 31, 2014

FETCH ANOTHER SORT OF DOCTOR


A powerful monarch called a priest with healing powers to help him with his back ache.

"God will help us," said the holy man. "But first let us understand the reason for these pains. I suggest Your Majesty confesses now, for confession makes men face up to their problems, and liberates much guilt."

Annoyed at having to think about so many problems, the king said:

"I do not wish to speak of these matters; I need someone who heals without asking questions."

The priest went off and returned half an hour later with another man.

"I believe that words can relieve pain, and help me to discover the right path to a cure," he said. But you do not wish to talk, and I cannot help you. This is the man you need: 

My friend here is a veterinarian, and does not generally speak to his patients."
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...