Makes Me Think (MMT) has truly evolved into a remarkable online community. Every day, users share their thought-provoking life stories and vote on stories that other users have shared. Some are happy, some are sad, and others twist your emotions, pulling them in several directions at once. Sometimes the most random everyday encounters force us to stop and rethink the truths and perceptions we have ingrained in our minds. These encounters are educationally priceless. They spawn moments of deep thought and self-reflection that challenge the status quo and help us evolve as sensible individuals.
Some of the stories listed below perfectly fulfill that description. What do you think?
31. Today, my electric wheelchair broke down as I was rushing across campus to take a midterm exam. Two female joggers noticed I was stuck and asked if I needed assistance. When I explained my dilemma, they both pushed me simultaneously all the way to my class and got me there just in time. MMT
32. Today, I asked my 6 year old son what he wants to be when he grows up. He said, “Mommy, all I want to be is happy.” MMT
33. Today, as I watched my 75 year old grandmother and grandfather being silly with each other and laughing in the kitchen, I felt like I got a short glimpse of what true love feels like. I hope I find it someday. MMT
34. Today, we were supposed to meet in the park. But instead I met her in the hospital’s intensive care unit. And as I sat beside her bed and staring at her unconscious body hooked up to all the breathing equipment, I reached into my pocket, pulled out the diamond engagement ring, and cried. I’m still here waiting and hoping. MMT
35. Today, after spending the last year working 60 hours a week in an attempt to give my family a more comfortable life, I forgot about my son’s 14th birthday. My son told me what the family really needs is more of me at home. MMT
36. Today, I was diagnosed with a malignant tumor and given 3 to 6 months to live 10 minutes before the hospital realized they mixed up my biopsy results with the patient in the next room. MMT
37. Today, as my son cried in my arms, he said, “What nobody realizes is that it’s torture. Every day of my life I wish I wasn’t gay.” MMT
38. Today, my blind friend explained to me in vivid detail how beautiful his new girlfriend is. MMT
39. Today, my mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. My best friend lives 2000 miles away and called to comfort me. While on the phone, he asked, “What would you do if I showed up at your house and gave you the biggest hug in the world?” “I would surely smile,” I replied. And then he rang my doorbell. MMT
40. Today, I was driving to a job interview when I saw a businesswoman standing next to her BMW on the side of the road. She had a flat tire. I pulled over and helped her put on the spare. When I arrived to the interview, the woman who I helped ended up being the CEO of the company. I got the job. MMT